Help Your Child Be Happy & Healthy
We all know that getting your kids to eat a balanced diet is important in helping them to be healthy, right?
But did you know that there are other factors that influence whether they grow up fit and strong – and that you could help them?
Recent research by the Food and Brand Lab at Cornell University in New York1, suggests 12 influences that will set kids on a good path to adult health.
YOUR CHILD …
1. Has good friends
2. Gets enough sleep
3. Drinks water more often than soft drink or juice
4. Isn’t bullied
5. Is not used as a reward
6. Is not used as punishment
YOU OFTEN …
7. Prepare meals for your child
8. Prepare meals from scratch for your child
9. Talk to your child about nutrition
10. Play outdoors with your child
FAMILY HISTORY …
11. You maintain a healthy body weight
12. Your parents maintained a healthy body weight
If you can help with some of these, your kids will thank you – one day!
1Bevelander, Kaipainen, Swain, Dohle, Bongard, Hines & Wansink (PLOS ONE 2014)