Looking for mealtime inspiration? Search now...
Baked Rice Custard
We are currently updating the Nutritional Table, this is a work in progress but please be sure to check back in at a later date. If you require urgent assistance with this recipe please contact us.
- ⅓ cup rice
- ¾ cup HIGHLANDER Lite Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1¾ cups water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup sultanas
Prep time Cook time
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook rice in a large pan of boiling water until just cooked (approximately 10 minutes), drain.
- Combine Condensed Milk, water, eggs, rice and sultanas.
- Pour into a 1.4 litre (5 cups) shallow ovenproof dish or 4 individual ramekins, sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Stand dish or ramekins in baking pan with enough hot water to come halfway up sides of dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes until set.